Plitvice Lakes and Rivers
Experience the local atmosphere
The highlights of this Plitvice Lakes Croatia activity holiday includes canoeing/kayaking, rafting, walking and cycling in the area around Plitvice Lakes National Park. While experiencing breath-taking views and stunning scenery. Plitvice Lakes are a World Heritage Site. The national park plays host to 16 lakes, numerous waterfalls fed by both the Black and White Rivers. Seemingly endless forests which make it a must visit destination.
Croatia activity holiday around Plitvice Lakes
The itinerary will also take you on a cycling journey through pastoral Croatia countryside. Together with rafting down the Una River in Bosnia. We will end the week by kayaking down the beautiful Mreznica Canyon. You can expect to paddle about 20 km a day, but our schedule is very weather dependent. Previous kayaking experience is recommended, but not required. The rivers are friendly. They have pleasant temperatures in summer and they are not dangerous or physically demanding.
Day 1: Arrival to destination – Plitvice Lake area
Day 2: Plitvice Lakes National Park walking
Day 3: Cycling in Plitvice Lakes Area
Day 4: Zrmanja River kayaking
Day 5: Optional trip day
Day 6: Una River Rafting
Day 7: Kayaking Mreznica Canyon
Day 8: Departure day
Arrival to destination – Plitvice Lake area
Meals: D; Van ride: 2 hours one way.
Plitvice Lakes National Park Walking
Meals: B and D (lunch on your own); walking: 4-6 miles; Terrain: easy, well-marked paths.
Cycling in Plitvice Lakes Area
Meals: B and D (picnic lunch on your own); Cycling: 4 hours; Terrain: rolling hills. (Please note that cycling the entire route may be too difficult for small children, but the support van can pick them up and take them back to the village if they are tired.)
Zrmanja River Kayaking
Meals: B, D; Kayaking: class II-III, 4 h, easy/moderate; Van drive: 2h to the Zrmanja River, 2h to Korana village
Optional trip day
Meals: B and D (lunch on your own); Van ride: max 2 hours one way.
Una River Rafting
Meals: B and D (picnic lunch on your own); Van ride: 1h one way; Rafting: class I-III, 2-3 hours.
Kayaking Mreznica River Canyon
Accommodation: Private guesthouse; Meals: B and D (picnic lunch on your own); Activity: Kayaking, 2 – 3 hours, class II-III, easy/moderate; Drive: 45 min each way. In case of high water levels we use rafting boats instead of kayaks (2 hours of rafting).
Meals: B; Van drive: 2 hours one way
Note on Itinerary:
This itinerary is subject to change due to group abilities and preferences, weather, water levels, special events of interest, etc. Raftrek Guides and Trip Leaders will do their utmost to ensure the best possible experience for their clients without compromising safety at any time. This may mean changing the original itinerary to avoid discomfort or risk which could be caused by exceptional situations. Raftrek reserves the right to alter the itinerary without prior notice.
Min 4 – max 16 people per group; larger groups are on request. Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. In case the minimum number of participants is not met but the guest/s still want to do the trip, the price increases by a percentage depending on the final number of participants.
Moderate*** Read more
Accommodation is provided by the families and owners of the private guest houses in Korana Village, a small romantic place hidden away in a valley surrounding both sides of the Plitvice Lakes National Park. The houses are small, traditional dwellings with simple rooms in an idyllic setting. The peaceful atmosphere makes for an ideal base for exploring the surrounding area. Rooms: please note that the houses in Korana Village have two or three bedrooms, with two rooms sharing one bathroom. Single use rooms are available with 20% surcharge. Sharing a room with another person is possible.
Rooms: Please note that the houses in Korana village have 2 and 3 bedrooms, with 2 rooms sharing a bathroom. No 1-bed rooms are available. Single use rooms are available upon request, only as double rooms/single use, with 20% surcharge. Sharing a room with another person of the same sex is possible.
Please check with us before purchasing your airline tickets to ensure your trip has the necessary minimum number of participants required to operate. Early arrivals / Extended stay notes – we include two transfers with each trip. These are usually the transfers on the first and the last day of the trip. In case you are arriving a few days earlier or extending your stay in Croatia after your trip with us, we can provide additional airport transfers.
- This itinerary includes a visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina. Please contact the appropriate government office or Bosnian embassy or consulate to confirm whether you need a visa. If you need an EU visa, you will require a double entry visa.
Note: Arrivals are recommended by 3 pm. Transfers for arrivals by 6 pm are included, but you may miss group dinner and orientation. Arrivals after 6 pm may be subject to surcharge for transfers or overnight on land.
Meals tend to be fairly heavy on the meats and sausages, breads and pastries, pastas and dumplings. If you have special dietary needs, please let us know as soon as possible. Vegetarian diets can be accommodated but we recommend that you bring along with you some of your favorite protein snacks.
- All prices are per person in EUR
- Minimum age: 8 years if accompanied by parent(s)
- Children discount is valid for children 8-12 years of age if accompanied by an adult. 1 child enjoying discount shares parents’ room, 2 or more children can have their own room.
- Single use rooms are available upon request, with 20% surcharge. Sharing a room with another person of the same sex is possible
- Rooms: Please note that the houses in Korana village have 2 and 3 bedrooms, with 2 rooms sharing a bathroom. No 1-bedrooms are available. Single use rooms are available upon request, only as double rooms/single use, with 20% surcharge. Sharing a room with another person of the same sex is possible
- This itinerary includes a visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina. Please contact the appropriate government office or Bosnian embassy or consulate to confirm whether you need a visa. If you need an EU visa, you will require a double entry visa
|double||840,00 €||760,00 €||670,00 €|
|child||756,00 €||684,00 €||603,00 €|
|single||1008,00 €||912,00 €||804,00 €|
**NOTE: The prices are fixed in euros. This conversion is for comparison purposes only. The exact price in dollars or pounds is calculated on the day of booking according to the exchange rate of the Croatian National Bank.
High Season: June 27 – August 21
Intermediate: June 6 – 26; August 22 – September 11
Low Season: May 16 – June 5; September 12 – 26
- 7 nights in double/twin rooms(sometimes two rooms share one bathroom)
- meals as noted in itinerary
- use of bicycles, kayaks, canoes, paddles, life jackets, helmets
- 5 days organized activities
- neoprene shorts and booties or sandals in case of cold weather
- NP entrance fees
- Saturday transfers from/to Zagreb, Zadar or Rijeka airport, bus or train station
- skilled guide and assistance
- ground transportation (private transport throughout)
- local taxes
*Arrival and departure transfers: several group transfers between the airport and destination depending on arrival/departure time. Arrivals after 6 pm may be subject to surcharge of 30 euros per transfer.
- international airfare to/from Croatia
- beverages and lunches or picnics as noted in itinerary
- items of personal nature and optional gratuities to your guide(s)
- optional trip on day 5, but it can be booked and paid on spot.
Cancelation made by Raftrek
In the unlikely case of extreme weather conditions, Raftrek Adventure Travel will reschedule the activity for a day or two prior or after the date booked, if possible. If the rescheduling is not possible, the payments will be refunded in full. Read more – Terms & conditions.
Staff & Experts
Raftrek Guides and Trip Leaders will do their utmost to ensure the best possible experience for their clients without compromising safety at any time. This may mean changing the original itinerary to avoid discomfort or risk, which could be caused by exceptional situations.
Weather – the summers are typically warm and sunny. From May to October temperatures are comfortable for hiking, paddling, and swimming. Rain is always a possibility in Croatia so it is essential to bring adequate rain wear and a jacket in case of inclement weather.
Questions – Feel free to call us at 0038516521666, if you still have any questions or concerns. We’re here to help you. For further information on FAQ please visit our website www.raftrek.com